With the cold weather and the winter days, we all have to adjust our diets and that way to raise our defense from different bacteria, flu, and cold. This tasty and healing soup recipe acts like natural immunity stimulator and keeps us safe from viruses and inflammation.
Traditional Chinese Medicine says that each component of this natural elixir has a direct influence on the specific part of the organism or body function. Every human body is different, so all of us have to listen to our bodies and cleverly select the food we eat according to symptoms that we feel.
Ginger is one of those sustenances that have a warming impact on the body. When we have in mind the summer season, we connect that days with juicing, cooling foods, for example, cucumber and tomato. While thinking about foods for the coldest part of the year, first what comes to our mind are warming flavors, for example, ginger, cinnamon, and delicious soups.
Garlic gives extra curing effects to this soup recipe and with this natural antibiotic, the prevention of diseases such as the flu, common cold, and various sinus infections are guaranteed.
Here it is one magnificent soup recipe which is an ideal combination of the healing effects of garlic and ginger, with the hearty, tasty, warming characteristics of a special winter meal.
“Medicine In a Cup” – Ginger Garlic Soup Recipe From Ancient Times
- 4 Green onions — sliced into tiny pieces
- 50g of grated root ginger
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic — finely diced
- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock (vegetarians can use vegetable stock)
- 1 finely diced medium hot chili
- Optional mushrooms – chopped up or whole baby button
- Place the onions, garlic, mushrooms (by desire) and ginger in a large saucepan and gently saute on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer until all the ingredients are softened.
- Add the chopped chili and simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving with warm, crusty bread and a glass of lemon water (to encourage digestion and add further anti-bacterial nutrients to your meal).