Acid reflux occurs when stomach acids flow in the wrong direction and rise back up toward your esophagus, causing a burning sensation along their way. Ginger is one of the most effective natural treatments for heartburn. Whether powdered, pickled, or fresh, it relieves the pain and discomfort of heartburn fast. Let’s take a look at the medicinal properties that make it such an effective remedy for acid reflux.
Is Using Ginger Good for Acid Reflux?
Ginger is well known best remedy for digestion process and it also helps to reduce the backup of contents into esophagus.
- Ginger regulates the flow of juices in the digestive system to ensure proper absorption of food.
- It has anti – inflammatory property which reduces inflammation and irritation.
- Ginger absorbs excess stomach acid and aids in proper digestion.
- The shagoals and gingerols in ginger soothe taut and stomach muscles by subverting the acids in the stomach.
- It plays an important role in pushing the food through bowels fast and thus prevents the unwanted formation of gas in the stomach.
- Ginger relieves nausea and vomiting.
- It has certain phenols which help to relax stomach muscles and thus reduces the over activity of the stomach.
- It speeds the digestive process to prevent the buildup of gas.
- Ginger tightens the lower esophageal sphincter to prevent the backflow of stomach acid.
Ways Of Using Ginger to Treat Acid Reflux:
1. Ginger and Lemon Juice
- Peel a one-inch piece of ginger root.
- Crush it to extract its juice.
- Mix with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Stir well and drink daily to prevent acid reflux.
2. Plain Ginger
3. Ginger with Bland Foods
Bland foods like oatmeal and yogurt settle the stomach.
- Peel and grate fresh ginger.
- Add this to bland foods and eat.
- Repeat daily.
4. Ginger Root Candy
- Wash, peel and mince ginger root.
- Place in frying pan with honey, cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon of butter.
- Stir over low heat until all ingredients are combined.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes to get crystallizes.
- Take out of oven and allow it to cool.
- Break into chunks and eat to calm acid reflux.
- Eat this before meals for effective results.
5. Ginger as a Spice
Ginger tastes great in stir-fry, rice, quinoa, and soups. Use it as a spice in your cooking as often as possible to prevent acid reflux.
Ginger Teas for Acid Reflux:
Ginger tea promotes proper digestion. It helps to stimulate the saliva production and thus remove acid which has refluxed into esophagus. It as an excellent alkalizing beverage which helps to cure chest pain and also regurgitation that is associated with GERD.
You can use either fresh ginger root or ginger root powder in the following recipes. Drink it 20 minutes before meals to prevent acid reflux. Do not take aspirin for at least 2 hours after drinking ginger root tea because both are blood thinners which leads to heartburn and acidity.
1. Ginger Root Tea
- Peel and mince one inch ginger root.
- Boil a cup of water and add ginger pieces.
- Boil if for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover with lid and let steep for20 minutes.
- Strain and stir in ½ teaspoon honey and lemon juice to taste.
- Drink 2 times daily before meal to get rid of acid reflux.
- Optional:You can add 3 crushed green cardamom pods.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of peeled and grated ginger root and 1 stalk of chopped lemon grass.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, pour in glass.
- Add any flavor herbal tea bag and let steep 5 minutes.
- Stir in honey and lemon juice for taste.
- Drink regularly to reduce the reflux.
This spicy tea is low in calories and provides instant energy by reducing acid reflux.
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 pods cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 4 teaspoons Assam tea leaves
- 3 strips orange peel
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups water
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add ginger, orange peel, cloves, and cardamom.
- Reduce heat and covet it and simmer 10-13 minutes.
- Add Assam leaves and milk.
- Simmer 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep 5-7 minutes.
- Strain and stir in brown sugar.
- Drink to relieve symptoms of acid reflux.
4. Ginger and Persimmon Tea
- ½ cup sliced ginger root
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup dried persimmons
- ½ cup honey
- 2 quarts water
- Boil water.
- Add ginger and cinnamon sticks.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain, stir in honey and persimmons.
- Refrigerate for few minutes.
- Drink chilled ginger tea to get relief from acid reflux.
5. Ginger Essential Oil
- Add 2-4 drops of ginger essential oil to 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir well and drink.
Using Ginger Ale for Acid Reflux:
>>>>> find the second page on the bottom of the text