The healing and inflammation powers of Turmeric and also the powers of turmeric-black pepper combination are well documented.
In fact, its medicinal properties and components (primarily curcumin) have been the subject of over 5600 peer-reviewed and published studies…
Health Benefits of Turmeric and Turmeric-black pepper Combination:
When examining the research, turmeric benefits go beyond that of these 10 drugs:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Anti-depressants (Prozac)
- Anticoagulants (Aspirin)
- Pain killers
- Diabetes drugs (Metformin)
- Arthritis medications
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
- Cholesterol drugs (Lipitor)
Its benefits are doubled when you consume it in turmeric-black pepper mixture.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped organic yellow onion
- 1 pound large organic carrots, cut in ½- inch dice (about 2 ⅔ cups)
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium organic chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, crème fraishe, or plain yogurt, optional for garnish
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute for 2 minutes. Mix in carrots and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 4 – 5 minutes. Finely grind in a spice mill.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to sauce pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowl. Sprinkle with toasted cumin, or mix cumin and sour cream in a small bowl and dollop on top. Serve.
“How to Prepare Strong Healing Anti-Cancer Carrot Turmeric-Black Pepper Soup” via www.eatlocalgrown.com.